Thursday 27 January 2011

It's Tomorrow

I would never has guessed that "May be tomorrow" would ring true. As a test, perhaps I should start posting wishes here that I wish to become reality. For  the next update, I shall write, "May be tomorrow I'll win  The Lottery." Here's hoping.

50% True. Flat's rented but I'm not sorry

This is a brief post for any one on tenderhooks so, from a down day, where the flats were tosh and I felt spurned, unloved by landlords, today I feel embraced by America. The flat The Missus and I wanted is ours. I've signed, sealed and they've delivered the keys to our new home on Broadway. A newly refurbished flat with hardwood floors, granite work surfaces and almost ample storage, is ours. 

I can't say how relieved I am to have somewhere to put our swag when,  and God alone knows when, it arrives off the boat. I say God alone because neither the shippers in the UK, the transfer agents nor the google ship tracking app have any idea. Worringly, the UK shippers have actually given us two different ships sailing with all our worldly goods. All I can thing is, at least Duck and Sam chose to fly and neither ships are Titanic II.

Let's stick with the postives. The next, and far more exciting task, is to kit out our unfurnished quarters for right now, there's but a cooker,  a fridge freezer and a bit of a view. I would love to take photos to share but I shall save it for the time being and wait until the furniture is in place. What am I saying, I know I shall be able to hold out for only for a few days before convincing myself that I need to share before and after pictures. Changing Rooms, San Francisco style. 

I fear however, I should give The Missus a chance to post some pictures to her facebook. She works hard all day while I wander up and down hills and return, as if catapulted back by a digitally enhanced elastic umbilical cord, to facebook, ready to update a status and pray that someone, somewhere, has done something interesting for me to comment, like or forward on. 

SF can be surprisingly chintzy


But I leave you now, happy and looking forward to the future, making a new home with all that that will bring. As I've said before, our door is always open. This is so much easier now that we actually have a door.

Come on by, you'll know it's me

No comments:

Post a Comment